Application period is over.
Thank you for your application! We will now contact those who we would like to interview by the end of March. We got about 500 applications. As a small organisation we are unfortunately unable to contact everyone individually.
Would you be our ESC volunteer?
IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE START LATER AND STAY FOR SHORTER TIME! ONE VOLUNTEER IS STARTING IN MAY!
Come build the Nuoret Kotkat (NKK) international anniversary camp Together2023 with us!
Nuoret Kotkat (NKK) is looking for two European Solidarity Corps -volunteers for six months of volunteering in Helsinki, Finland. Finnish Falcon Movement (Nuoret Kotkat) will turn 80 years in 2023. We are looking for two volunteers to work on communications and camp preparations. The theme of the camp is Together, which is also the central theme of the entire anniversary year.
The volunteering period will begin during spring and end in late August or September. You will mostly work at the central office in Helsinki but also attend the camp in Nurmes 21.7.–2.8.2023. A chance to participate in the organization’s other events and to visit other towns in Finland (e.g., Tampere, Urjala, Nurmes) will be arranged.
The positions consist of versatile communications tasks and can be tailored to meet your special skills and interests. You will have a chance to maintain the social media channels of the anniversary camp and the organization (TikTok, Instagram, Facebook). You can also write blog posts or make a video blog about the camp and our anniversary year. Interest in photography and making videos are useful.
Our organization has a membership magazine, Kotkaviesti, which is published twice a year. You will participate in the creation of the second issue of the anniversary year. You will also have an opportunity to contribute to the camp program if that is something that interests you.
WHAT WE NEED
You are 18-30 -years old. We will work in English, so you should have good written and oral English skills. You like to write and are interested in communications, especially social media. You like to work with and for children and youth. You are willing to work mostly in an office. No specific educational background is required. The most important merit is your motivation!
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- A special experience of volunteering abroad
- To be part of creating an amazing experience for children and families
- A Youth pass certificate to show your experience to future employers and education
- Travel, meals, accommodation in a shared apartment, and 5€ daily pocket money, covered by the ESC program. We will take care of the arrangements and help you in matters related to the residence permit and other bureaucracy.
- Arrival training and orientation both at the workplace and nationally. National arrival training begins 27.2., so we hope you can arrive before that.
- A mentor taking care of your wellbeing as well as your learning process
HOW TO APPLY
We would first like to hear from you by email. In your application, please answer to the following questions:
- Why would you like to volunteer for us?
- How do you feel about working on social media and communications? Do you already have some experience in this?
- Do you have special skills that you would like to use during your volunteering period?
- What kind of language skills do you have?
- Do you have any support needs we should know of?
If you are interested in volunteering for us or have something to ask, please send e-mail to email@example.com. We will meet and interview suitable applicants online.